Monday, November 03, 2008

I was sitting outside the student building on campus a couple days ago in between classes when suddenly an acorn hit the ground, bounced really high and then rolled away. The fact that the acorn existed there wasn't unusual, seeing as there were several large oak trees in front of me. The curious part was how it got the speed it did and the force to bounce that high. As I continued to watch, I realized that the wind was blowing acorns loose from the trees and they were falling from the top down. These are big trees so they picked up some serious speed. Later, as I was walking to class, I heard the rustling that came before a demon acorn bombarded. I looked up and moved out of the way as an acorn came hurtling down. A bit down the line of trees a girl wasn't paying attention and got nailed. Hope she is okay!

No comments: